Back-office redesign.

Four years ago, when we were first starting out, we hardly had any time to breathe, let alone time to building a comprehensive back office system to help manage the company. Initially, things ran in Excel. Later on, we did manage to put together a rudimentary system (with pieces of tape, some loose belly button lint, and the ugliest Perl code ever written). It was what it was, but it worked for us at the time.

These days, we’re still pretty busy, but we do have the time to invest in better internal tools. So, over the weekend, while The Joy of Painting played continuously in the background, I rewrote our back office system.

Here are some before and after screenshots. Click on them for a larger size.

Before:

old_backoffice_small

After:

new_backoffice_small